Alan Grimes wrote:
> Okay, since just dumping the legacy e-build into the portage tree would
> be too easy, it was prevented. How do I build an ebuild out-of-tree? =(

create a portage overlay and put your ebuild in there, then mask
seamonkey > 2.38 in package.mask:

$ ll /usr/portage/local/mygentoo/www-plugins/adobe-flash/
total 8
-rw-r--r-- 1 portage portage 3561 Jul 22  2013
adobe-flash-10.3.183.90.ebuild
-rw-r--r-- 1 portage portage  786 Jul 22  2013 Manifest

$ grep OVERLAY /etc/portage/make.conf
# PORTDIR_OVERLAY is a directory where local ebuilds may be stored without
#PORTDIR_OVERLAY=/usr/portage/local/mygentoo

I don't remember the details since I did it a long time ago and no
longer need it.

raffaele