Hello,

I'm trying to install the last Gentoo on a virtual machine on an IBM
Power8. It refuses to boot the minimal CD saying that it is not bootable.

The IBM literature says that Power8 will never boot a 32 bit system, so
I tryed the last ppc64 mini install for ppc64 that I found googling
around, which is a 2007.0-r1 and this one boots (putting the video in
low intensity, which is a nuisance I can cope with).
Now I'm wondering: should I try to build everithing from there, or is
it possible to get a more recent install version for the ppc64
architecture?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Luciano.
--
 /"\                         /Corso Milano, 102/1 Vigevano - PV  (Italy)
 \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN / PHONE : +39 2 485781 FAX: +39 2 48578250