On 12/11/2015 09:05 PM, Simon Thelen wrote:
> On 15-12-11 at 20:03, the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
>> Does anybody have an idea how to block facebook?
> The only way to blacklist facebook would be to create a whitelist and
> drop everything not on said whitelist.
>
> If you block DNS, they can use a different DNS server. If you block IP
> addresses they'll use a proxy/vpn. If you use deep packet inspection
> they'll use TLS or a VPN or an SSH tunnel.
>
> If you can control the systems so that they don't do any of the above,
> it's possible but you've admitted that you can't (unless you can
> control all the Virtualbox instances).

The users are not that knowledgeable to do any of that DNS, proxy/vpn etc.
I know VirtualBox IP address and can block the page "facebook" for
individual IP or certain range in dd-wrt.  But my problem is getting the
dd-wrt "access control" to recognize and block "https".
Trying to block by URL: https://www.facebook.com/ doesn't work.

--
Thelma