Hi Ian

Do you have a website were you publish your concept?

That would be nice wouldn't it?  Unfortunately, no, I never had time to
do that.

yes it would :-). I sucessfully have now an minimalistic system. Solving problems with "files not identified while root-FS mounted ro" (currently 3) and some misc from baselayout (awk functions for depscan and env-update).

I plan to write some text in gentoo-wiki, if I find some time...

A System with X is also my intension.

then you'll probably have more problems than I did.  I ran a very simple
installation.

Hopefully not :-)... let's see in a few days/weeks.

THX,

Sascha.