Hello,

On Thu, 24 Dec 2015, Alan Grimes wrote:
>Hey, thanks for putting out gcc 5.3...
>
>Unfortunately, it fails to bootstrap on my machine. I am getting
>differences between the stage 2 and stage 3 compilers and it's dying... =(

What compiler and C(XX)FLAGS are you using? It builds nicely with
gcc-4.9 (and rather agressive flags) here. With how many processes
(MAKEOPTS) are you compiling?.

Also, compiling gcc might expose flaky RAM (removing and reseating the
RAM DIMMs might help there[0]). Have you e.g. encoded stuff with
mencoder or ffmpeg lately[1]? If you're compiling with any MAKEOPTS
'-j1' it could be the same phenomenon as I had in [1], so try with
-j1. If that works ... Consider using prime95/mprime[2] for a test.

-dnh

[0] stuff expands and shrinks depending on temps, so connections can
    get flaky even if the box isn't moved ;)

[1] I've had mencoder segfault on me reproducibly on one box after
    20-30 mins encoding with one process, and <= 10mins with two
    processes. Memtest86 found nothing in one round. New RAM (replaced
    on guarantee :) cured the problem for good.

[2] http://www.mersenne.org/download/#download

--
panic("Attempted to kill the idle task!");
        linux-2.2.16/kernel/exit.c