Hello Andreas,

Am Samstag, 2. Januar 2016, 12:17:18 schrieb Andreas K. Huettel:
> Am Freitag, 1. Januar 2016, 15:30:37 schrieb Mick:
> > I am updating an old machine which does not see much usage these
days.  I
> > came across this blockage, which seems is caused by retaining the
>
> > pre-Kmail2 KDEPIM version on this PC:
> Wheee, another kmail1 user. :)
>
> Don't despair, it will get fixed (since I'm maintaining it and my own
> machines are blocking too).
>
> However, since I'm really busy with other stuff it may sadly take a bit of
> time.

Meanwhile i use a local mail server (courier-imap). The culprit with kmail2 is
its bebaviour when it comes to a bigger number of mails (about > 3000) in
an folder.
Due courier-imap does not give a UIDNEXT kmail2 re-scans the folders
(nearly) forever - and i have folders containing > 50000 mails. That takes a
long time.

I use the same imap acount from differen machines which results in a
second failure of kmail2. If mails are deleted (there seems to exist a
threshold of deleted mails) - for example via webmail - kmail2 insists in
getting invalid mail ids.

> (Backstory, the kde team guys asked me several times if they can go
ahead
> with the package move from kde-base to kde-apps, I had no time for
testing,
> and at some point I said, just do it, noone except me will notice anyway,
> and if something goes wrong I'll fix it afterwards...)

Recognized the move also. Had to adapt the package.mask accordingly.

kind regards
  Petric