On Wednesday 13 Jan 2016 22:06:02 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 13/01/16 08:19, Mick wrote:
> >>
> >> Or "~/.config/mpv/config".
> >
> > I had the former file in which I added your suggested stanza, but youtube
> > videos dragged from FF continue to refuse to play (mpv crashes).  This is
> > what is saved in the logs:
> >
> > Error Information:
> >          An exit code of 2 was returned from mpv --profile=pseudo-gui -- .
> >
> > Output Data:
> >          There was no output
> >
> > Error Logs:
> >          There was no error message
>
> Well, no idea :-P All I can say is that I have these:
>
>    media-video/mpv-0.14.0-r1
>    lua and luajit USE flags are needed.
>
>    media-video/ffmpeg-2.8.4
>    librtmp network openssl opus vorbis are needed
>
>    net-misc/youtube-dl-2016.01.09
>
> I would assume that if you're not on ~arch, you have too old versions.
> Newer versions are very important because YouTube changes their APIs and
> streaming formats quite often and thus stuff gets outdated quick.

I am on the stable tree, but have net-misc/youtube-dl-2016.01.0 at the moment.
Our USE flags are the same.  I will emerge the latest version of net-
misc/youtube-dl tomorrow to see if this fixes it, but I somehow doubt it.  I
wonder if this problem is related to the desktop manager - I am using
enlightenment-0.20.2 at present.
--
Regards,
Mick