Alec Ten Harmsel:
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 10:05:49PM +0100, k...@aspodata.se wrote:
> > Alec: Ten Harmsel:

> > > I can't read build.log - 403 permission denied.
> >
> > Ok, fixed. I did not check emerge's log permission.
>
> In general (someone else, correct me if I'm wrong) this list would much
> rather have you attach a compressed build.log when you mail in the
> problem. That way, there is no chance of permissions problems, and years
> from now, the logs will still be here for posterity.

They were kindof big, so I didn't want to swamp the mailing list.

> The problem is a python script that runs in the build process has a
> KeyError. I did notice that for you, that python script is running on
> files in `/usr/local/share/xcb', while it runs on files in
> `/usr/share/xcb' on mine. These are a part of the `x11-proto/xcb-proto'
> package. Do you have a version of xcb-proto installed in /usr/local? It
> is possible that the libxcb configure script is picking an old version
> of xcb-proto that is installed in `/usr/local' over the correct version
> installed in `/usr'.

Yes, that's probably it, thanks for the look.

> I would recommend removing `/usr/local/share/xcb' and trying to install
> libxcb again.

I mv'ed /usr/local/share but it didn't help.

Is there some make clean or similar for emerge, tried --fail-clean a
couple of times, but that didn't help. Perhaps if I change some use var
and run emerge -auDN @system, would that help. Well that would be a
thing for tomorrow.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar