On 01/24/2016 07:51 AM, J. Roeleveld wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> What do people use these days to filter out websites?
I guess what you want to implement is a proxy server.
> I would prefer to have a white-list and block everything else. With the
> option
> to bypass this filter for certain authenticated users.
I think a proxy Server is able to achieve this.
> Reason: I don't want my daughter to see unsuitable websites when she starts
> looking for cat pictures and instead of wasting time identifying every single
> p*rn site in the world, I would prefer to simply white-list sites she wants
> go to after checking them.
Well I'm not sure if you can achieve this sort of censorship with a
proxy server, but might be possible.
Nevertheless white-listing will be hard work. I don't know if privoxy[1]
is able to white-list, but I would give it a try and find out. This post
[2] looks promising if you can blacklist everything in the first run
(but don't know how) and then white list just the domains you want.
> Thanks,
>
> Joost
Best regards,
Thomas