On Wed, Feb 03, 2016 at 12:44:19PM +0100, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when emerging sci-geosciences/josm-9999 I get a Java error :
>

> java.awt.AWTError: Can't connect to X11 window server using ':0' as the value
> of the DISPLAY variable.
>

> This is on a local machine using DISPLAY :0
>
> Would anybody please shed some light on this error.
>
> (Emerge version 9060 proceeds just fine)
>
> Many thanks for a hint,
> Helmut

Sadly, I won't be a whole lot of help. I am experiencing the same thing,
but when I build josm by hand in a docker container or on a headless
server without X installed I can't reproduce this. I think it is a
problem in portage with the environment.

For now, I would recommend checking it out and building by hand.

Alec