On Tue, 9 Feb 2016 10:03:11 +0000 Thomas Sigurdsen
<thomas.sigurd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hoy, I'm currently on one Elitebook 2540p, it's an old one though
> (something close to 7 years). I've attached my current kernel config.

Yes old one, for me new cause i used since 2008 only atom netbooksm,
now with ssd this system run. So fast my mind can not handle hhh :)

> /usr/src/linux/ $ make localmodconfig && make localyesconfig && make
> menuconfig && make -j5 && make modules_install && make
> firmware_install && make install

I run make defconfig and then activate / deactivate what i need.

When i understand correct is localmodconfig & localyesconfig the same?
The diffrence is only first activate all as modules, second compile in?

I has now config run, i think the kernel 4.4.0-pf3 has bugs, cause
is beta, with 4.1.0-pf4 now run all.

http://pf.natalenko.name

Thanks for config i will use.

> My laptop might have (U)EFI but I have never done anything to it with
> (U)EFI in mind.

EFI must be activated in Bios to use it. But who need it when work all. Ok
sure where nice if we can load iso files without usb but all is not possible.

Thank you all for help & Nice Day
Silvio