Daniel Frey wrote:
> On 02/23/2016 07:40 PM, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
>> On 02/23/2016 09:43 PM, Daniel Frey wrote:
>>> Lo and behold, it's not showing a bitmap font now:
>>>
>>> -----
>>> # fc-match helvetica
>>> n019003l.pfb: "Nimbus Sans L" "Regular"
>>> -----
>>>
>>> I don't know if the font mapping is correct, but I refreshed a page on
>>> bugs.g.o and I can print to PDF without the blocky fonts! So I don't
>>> really care if the font mapping is correct now. I can print again! :-)
>>>
>> Amazing, I guess I can stop bringing a JPEG of my boarding pass to the
>> airport now.

> I didn't even know you could use eselect to toggle
> font groups until yesterday, and I've been using gentoo since 2003... I
> figured if you installed fonts it would use them but that's not the case!
>
> Oh well, learn something new every day. Now I just have to remember the
> old thing I forgot because of this new thing I learned... sigh.

Huh?  What is this font group switching thingy?  I been using Gentoo for
about as long as you and I've never heard of such a thing either.  Of
course, I rarely print anything either.  Right now, I'm trying to figure
out if this third cartridge to go bad in a few days of use is a
cartridge problem or a printer rolling up with all four feet in the
air.  Hard to believe a cartridge can go bad that fast.

Dale

:-)  :-)