On 08/03/16 03:55, James wrote:
> Jonathan Callen <jcallen <at> gentoo.org> writes:
>

>> Note that upstream split the old "KDE Software Compilation" (formerly
>> "KDE Desktop Environment") into three separate parts: KDE Frameworks,
>> Plasma, and KDE Applications.
>

> So does this mean that a system can install lxqt(5) and pick out of the
> many kde applications to install and not have all the other kde baggage?
>
> If so, is there a list of which kde applications can be installed without
> the KDE bloat (simple QT5) requirements?

You've always been able to pick and choose individual KDE applications
without installing all of KDE, although in KDE 4 we did recommend also
installing one of the smaller meta packages (eg.
kde-apps/kdebase-runtime-meta) to ensure everything worked correctly.

You can identify KF5/Qt5-based applications based on their slot.
Something like eix kde-apps/ --slot 5 should give the full list of
what's available so far.