Mansour Al Akeel <mansour.alakeel <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I am trying to reinstall dev-python/cryptography:
> This is the err I am getting.

Have you check bgo ? (bugs.gentoo.org)
Try another (stable) version ?

use the -t option and see what it says.

look in the ebuild and see what all packages are required. I does not
hurt to manually ( -1) rebuild the dependencies (both compile time and
runtime) in case the other codes or packaging process did not catch
something.

The q applet tools are quite extensive and many offer some looks
into why a particular version of dev-python/cryptography is
failing. I've only recently started noodling around with 'qcheck'
but I cannot guarrantee that the qcheck applet will ferrit out
your problem. If you take the time to look at the code for qcheck
and it does not do what you want, drop me a line and I'll hack at
it to extend the portfolio of tests it does perform; but that'll
take a while

Also run repoman against the version of the package you are trying
to install and see what it tells you.

-good hunting
James