On Saturday 09 Apr 2016 12:35:04 J. Roeleveld wrote:
> On Saturday, April 09, 2016 12:54:07 AM Alan Grimes wrote:
> > Corsair power supplies suck nuts.
> >
> > Here's proof:
> >

> > Testing a 12V rail, scope set to 100mv/horizontal line relative to how
> > you would normally look at a scope.
> >
> > The computer was crashing, spent $50 RMA'ing a perfectly good video card
> > it seems. =\
> >
> > Decided the corsair psu was not worth rma-ing, at similar expense so
> > decided to trash the company instead. =|
>
> You call that proof with only 1 item causing "issues" when I have multiple
> systems with Corsair powersupplies that have been rock-solid for years
> without needing any replacements?
>
> With the amount of product factories produce these days, having a few bad
> samples is only to be expected. Dishing a company just because you happened
> to get one of them is a bit lame.
> Better complain about the shop you got it from for not testing every single
> unit they sell.
> Or about the person who decided to use it without testing before RMA'ing a
> possibly correct working GPU.
> Oh wait, that's you. And we can't expect you to be the cause of any issues,
> can we?
>
> --
> Joost

Corsair like other OEMs make different classes of gear.  The more expensive
category usually have better capacitors and other innards.  Cabling and noise
from the mains can also make a difference in the test results, with the
cheaper PSUs performing less well in filtering all distortions out.  I think
RMA'ing with a call to the supplier may be more effective in stopping the PC
crashing.
--
Regards,
Mick