On 9/29/05, maxim wexler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello everybody,

I'm sure this has been covered before but can't seem
to google for it.

I'd like to install dekagen but there are no ebuilds
for it. I suppose I could just unpack it and follow
the INSTALL doc but is that the appropriate gentoo
way?

You can build it by hand but then whats the point of running Gentoo? Instead you should write an ebuild ( http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=2) then contibute it back to the community( http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/ebuild-submit.xml), or find someone else who will do it for you/already has done it and use their ebuild (http://bugs.gentoo.org)

-Mike

Michael E. Crute
Software Developer
SoftGroup Development Corporation

Linux, because reboots are for installing hardware.
"In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"