On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 20:14:28 +0100
Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 13:00:54 -0500, »Q« wrote:
>
> > > I don't mind this so much, as when flags become deprecated and
> > > there is no notification, or a tool, to ferret out such
> > > dead-flags....
> >
> > I should qualify that -- a lot of the descriptions suck, not all of
> > them.  When in doubt, I let the profile decide.
> >
> > I think app-portage/ufed automagicly gets rid of dead flags
> > whenever it saves make.conf.
>
> That would be a useful addition to eix-test-obsolete, unless it's
> already there and I missed it.

It certainly would.  I've just tried to find it in man eix and
couldn't, but there's a lot in there.

I'm going through my /etc/portage/package.use/ now (forgot about that
yesterday) and I've come across a few flags which don't exist any more.
As with the flags in my make.conf, I'm able to simply delete most of
what I had in package.use/ and the process is going quickly.