On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 15:18:53 +0200
Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hmmmm, not convinced, "you know what I mean" doesn't cut it. This list
> is largely populated with high-clue people who understand the meaning
> of words and know that plasma != KDE
>
> Around here, KDE usually means kde-apps and plasma means plasma.
> We also know that firefox is not gekco and all sorts of other "you
> know what I actually mean" opportunities to trip up

+1

Until version 5, KDE was fairly monolithic (though the the Gentoo devs
always did a nice job of breaking it up so that it didn't seem that
way).  With the restructuring of the KDE project across the board, I
think it's important to distinguish between Frameworks, Plasma, and
Applications.  If anyone just says "KDE 5", I think they mean all of it.