Dale wrote:
> Basically, take the advice from some people who have been doing this
> for years or continue along the path that you have proven doesn't work.

I've got more years on gentoo that most of you. Indeed, my home
directory probably has detritus in it dating back to 2004.

I only joined this list a few months ago because emerge was starting to
cause problems, which have only gotten worse with subsequent updates.

I am speaking from many years of experience with weekly updates when I
tell you that ubuntu-style "update everything while I go play Space
Invaders" (Or Kerbal Space Program) absolutely does work unless emerge
decides to get stupid and look for excuses not to do what you asked it
to. The problem is absolutely not the individual e-builds, most of them
are stunningly reliable. The problem is that Emerge isn't even giving
them a chance to do their work. =| This is not the way it used to be,
this is a new set of checks that have been implemented recently that's
really fucking me up.

--
IQ is a measure of how stupid you feel.

Powers are not rights.