Francisco Ares wrote:
> Hi, All.
>
> After some issues (some not yet solved, but on the way...), there is
> one pretty annoying: regular users have to provide root password in
> order to mount a flash drive, for instance.
>
> Am I missing something?  Found some posts on the net, but none has
> given enough light on the subject.
>
> Thank you,
> Francisco

I just plugged a couple sticks into mine.  It didn't even recognize one
and the other gave me a permission error.  It says I am not authorized
to mount the device.  So, same problem as you.  As someone else posted,
I suspect this is a problem with a group setting.  The only new group I
have listed is sddm which is the display manager.  Surely that wouldn't
have anything to do with this.  I might add, my camera works.  I have
uploaded some pics just yesterday.  Could this be device specific?
Also, my phone is recognized as well.  It seems only USB sticks are
affected here.

Dale

:-)  :-)