160417 Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
> Libreoffice started using the OpenGL system much more
> over the last releases.
> * Check if "eselect opengl list" settings make sense

Yes :

  root:500 ~> eselect opengl list
  Available OpenGL implementations:
    [1]   nvidia *
    [2]   xorg-x11

> * Check if other 3d apps run fine

No, they don't : Xscreensaver 3D items stopped working c 151201 ;
I asked on this list, but found no way out.

> * Check if your user is in the video group

No, it wasn't & of course when I added it, both problems were solved !

> Cheers, Andreas

Cheers for Andreas (big smile) !

So another question arises :
has it always been necessary to add the user to the video group
-- in which case, I must have made a mistake somewhere,
perhaps when I installed in my new box 1510xx -- or is it a recent change ?
If the latter, how are users supposed to know re such matters ?
On the face of it, video should have nothing to do with spreadsheets !

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca