meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
> Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> [16-04-17 14:00]:

>>> It reminds me of many years back with two packages that depend on each
>>> other and portage couldn't deal with updating both at the same time.
>>>
>>> emerge -C got a lot of use back then :-)
>> Don't forget to use -1aDv when you emerge boost manually as Alan suggested,
>> unless for some reason you want boost in your world file.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Mick
>

> Hi Mick,
>
> thanks for the warning! Will do so... :)
>
> Best regards,
> Meino

I might add, I added --oneshot to my make.conf command for emerge a long
time ago.  When I really want something in the world file, I add it with
the --select y option on the command line, add -n if already installed.
My thinking, I have to put in effort to add something to the world file
instead of putting in effort to not do it.  I also don't have to worry
about forgetting to use -1 either.  If I forget to use --select, I'll
see it when I run --depclean.  Y'all do look at the list --depclean
spits out first right?  lol

Since I did that, my world file has been improved a LOT.  Before that,
it was a train wreck.

Dale

:-)  :-)