On 4/18/2016 3:32 PM, Marc Joliet wrote:
On Saturday 16 April 2016 14:48:51 Alan Mackenzie wrote:
Hello, Gentoo.

I'm just saying hello to confirm I'm still here.

For many months now, Gentoo has simply worked for me, without problems.
I sync my system several times a week, and emerge just works.

The last bit of excitement I had was in early 2015 when I was trying to
sort out the mess in my xfce4 system after gnome-3 had been made stable.
In the end, I gave up and reinstalled Gentoo, which this time took me
only a week.

Admittedly, there's very little which is cutting edge on my system - the
box is 6½ years old, it boots with lilo on an old fashioned BIOS, my
filesystems are ext3 (or in one case, ext2) on spinning rust.  The only
remotely adventurous things I've got are RAID-1 (via the kernel) and
lvm2.

So a big thanks to all the developers who've brought about this happy
state of affairs!
I concur!

The first three entries in this thread, and the last few are what keep
guys like me encouraged. Loved reading about all your success stories.
Thanks for sharing! :)
-maffblaster