On Tue, 10 May 2016 16:30:49 +0200, J. Roeleveld wrote:

> > pkg_postinst() {
> >   cp /etc/openldap/schema/pureftpd.schema
> >   /opt/packages/SHARED/etc/openldap/schema/pureftpd.schema
> >   einfo "NOTE: LDAP Schema File copied."
> > }
> >
> > in /etc/portage/env/net-ftp/pure-ftpd
>
> When I did that, it complained about the syntax.
> Apparently, from what I read through
> google-searches, /etc/portage/env/... is handled by Python. And that
> doesn't, obviously, understand bash-syntax.

I definitely have bash in there.

> /etc/portage/bashrc is handled by Bash, which makes this possible.
>
> The "pkg_postinst()" is for either ebuilds, or I am doing something
> wrong...

You can define functions as for ebuilds to have them executed in here.
For example, for one package that I wanted to apply a patch
from /etc/portage/patches, but didn't call epatch_user from its ebuild,
I put this in /etc/portage/env/cat/pkg

post_src_unpack() {
    cd "${S}"
    epatch_user
}

> I am using the latest stable portage.

I'm using testing here, but have used this for years, so it worked with
versions older than the current stable.

--
Neil Bothwick

Things are more like they are now than they ever were before.