On Mon, 23 May 2016 15:57:35 +0300 Thanasis wrote:
> On 05/23/2016 03:39 PM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
>

> > The other question is: why are you using wget when eix already has the
> > facility to download and import this file built in.
> >

> Hmmm, I suspect, that *should* be the reason why it fails for me ...
> However, I don't remember having specified the use *wget* somewhere ...
>
> /etc/eixrc/00-eixrc has everything commented out...
>
> So, I run the following to get a log and here is how it goes ...
> eix-remote update 2>&1 |tee log

  eix-remote update

works fine here, http://gpo.zugaina.org/eix_cache/eix-cache.tbz2
is also available via any tool (e.g. wget).

Maybe it was a temporary server glitch or some provider issues.

However,
  eix-remote update2
fails for me for a long time (over a year, I guess).

Best regards,
Andrew Savchenko