El dom, 05-06-2016 a las 12:09 -0400, Michael Orlitzky escribió:
> Oh ok, I didn't know about that. Yes it would be annoying to have
> that
> emailed to you every day. The first line of the script redirects
> stdout,
>
>   # First, redirect stdout to /dev/null.
>   exec 1>/dev/null
>
> but stderr is left intact.

I noticed that.

> Does that happen with rc-service, too? Or only with the init script
> (which uses openrc-run)? I recently updated the job on the wiki to
> use
> rc-service after we've checked that it exists.
>
> If it still prints the error, I'll just redirect stderr to /dev/null
> during the check.

It does, seems rc-service is just a wrapper to run stuff in
/etc/init.d/, proof:

# rc-service spamd status
* You are attempting to run an openrc service on a
* system which openrc did not boot.
* You may be inside a chroot or you may have used
* another initialization system to boot this system.
* In this situation, you will get unpredictable results!
* If you really want to do this, issue the following command:
* touch /run/openrc/softlevel