Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Right now I'm experimenting with mlt's "melt" command line editor.  It
> seems to produces small, high-quality output files.  I've figured out
> how to do video fade-in, fade-out, but can't get audio fade-in/out to
> work yet.

Hello Grant,

A good thing to search out is "non-linear" with your video editing search
strings, to find those very flexible and feature right video editiing
applications.

ON winblows, I use Vegas Pro. On linux the latest packages that are under
extreme development, usually have the best time-saving, features.

media-video/cinelerra
compositor. The First Free 4K Editor in the World.

http://cinelerra.org (great home page).

Might be to heavy for your needs? Clusters are a fantastic environment
to run heavy video development/editing codes on; that's how lucas films
and the other 'big boys' do their work.

hth,
James