On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 3:43 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <li...@xunil.at> wrote:
> Am 2016-06-21 um 12:05 schrieb Tom H:
>> On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 3:57 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger <li...@xunil.at> wrote:
>>>
>>> Does anyone have a pointer to where Gnome 3 (3.20 in my case) stores my
>>> wifi credentials?
>>>
>>> I would love to sync that over to my new laptop without re-entering PSKs
>>> at customers.
>>
>> Unless Gnome changes the default (which I doubt), it's
>>
>> /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/
>
> I had found that info as well, but that directory is simply *empty* on
> my laptops. So there has to be something in $home somewhere.
>
> gnome-keyring?
>
> I could simply rsync all dotfiles/directories in $home .. but that is
> not cool and puts cruft onto the new system.

Go to the network settings, and set the wireless connection as "shared
with other users". Then it will appear in
/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections.

If you don't want to share the connection with other users, do something like

find $HOME/.config -name "*ESSID*"

where ESSID is the ESSID you are interested in. The prefix '*' is
because a while ago NM added the name "Auto" to all wireless networks
that were set to automatically connect. If ~/.config does not work,
use ~/.local (I don't have my laptop with me, so I cannot check which
one it is).

Regards.
--
Dr. Canek Peláez Valdés