On 11/07/2016 22:07, konsolebox wrote:
On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 3:18 AM, Daniel Frey <djqf...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks, that led me to sync the kde-sunset overlay. However, I think I
am missing a step as when I use emerge or eshowkw it doesn't seem to
show anything from the kde-sunset overlay. layman usually handled this
stuff, any pointers?

Well, that was the only thing I had to do to make it work.

Did you check if the files were properly downloaded after running
`emerge --sync`?  E.g. check if /var/local/overlays/kde-sunset/*
exist?  How do you know that nothing is shown from there.  What
command do you use?  Do you have any custom package masks that would
not make the packages show perhaps?  Also, how did you add the
repos.conf file for kde-sunset?  I presumed that you know that
/etc/portage/repos.conf should be a directory.  Did you perhaps only
added a single repos.conf file?

# cat /etc/portage/repos.conf/{gentoo.conf,kde-sunset.conf,local.conf}
[gentoo]
location = /var/lib/gentoo/portage
sync-type = git
sync-uri = git://github.com/gentoo-mirror/gentoo.git
sync-git-pull-extra-opts = -f
auto-sync = yes
[kde-sunset]
auto-sync = yes
location = /var/local/overlays/kde-sunset
masters = gentoo
sync-type = git
sync-uri = https://anongit.gentoo.org/git/proj/kde-sunset.git
[local]
masters = gentoo
priority = 10
location = /var/local/portage

If it still doesn't work, maybe there's an old configuration line in
your `make.conf` that should no longer be there.  Or maybe you're
using an old sys-apps/portage, or some other tools that make it change
its behavior.  Although both are unlikely.

Another note: At least with portage-2.3.0, you should see "=== Sync
completed for kde-sunset" after running `emerge --sync`.

There was an old deprecated *OVERLAY setting in make.conf that must be removed when using the new repos.conf

Alan