I am not sure of the correct approach to achieve a prolonged remote debugging
session through SSH and avoid the SSH session timing out.

This is what I try to achieve:

I login into a router with SSH from my PC.  Then I can run certain commands to
start and monitor a debugging session in the router.  However, if I leave
alone the SSH session, it will soon time out.  The debugging only runs while
the session is live.  Exiting the SSH session causes all debug output to be
lost.

If I continue to run (router) commands on the terminal, while the debugging is
running, the SSH time out is postponed.

What do you suggest I try on an SSH terminal from my PC to keep running
recurring commands after I have connected to the router?  I will need to keep
a debugging session going for some hours, in order to collect the data I'm
after.

--
Regards,
Mick