Hello,

On Tue, 26 Jul 2016, James wrote:
[..]

Well, the best I found is this on the gdisk homepage:
http://www.rodsbooks.com/gdisk/hybrid.html

Basically, you shouldn't. The article tackles most aspects and
pitfalls.

[..]
>Number  Start   End     Size    Type     File system     Flags
> 1      1049kB  211MB   210MB   primary  ext2            boot
> 2      211MB   139GB   138GB   primary  linux-swap(v1)
> 3      139GB   952GB   813GB   primary  ext4
> 4      952GB   2000GB  1049GB  primary  ext4

You'd have to get rid of one of those partitions (I'd say /boot).

By following the example in the above webpage, it worked on a file.
But it is rather sure to fail if you need more than 3 partitions (as
one is taken for the GPT, that leaves 3 more primary ones in the MBR
and logical partitions is doomed to fail.

HTH,
-dnh

--
"Cynical" is a term invented by optimists to describe realists.
    -- Gregory Benford