On Monday, August 08, 2016 06:55:40 PM Alan McKinnon wrote:
> On 08/08/2016 12:29, Konstantin wrote:
> > Hello Guys
> >
> > I need to install postfix and exim at the same Gentoo server.
>
> Why?
>
> You either have them running on different ports (mighty unusual) or,
> more likely or different NICs.
>
> So put them on two different machines. Hardware is dirt cheap and unless
> you are a huge corporate an average Samsung S5 phone can fill most mail
> needs. Or as Neil suggested, make one machine a VM

Hardware is cheap, but electricity adds up and more than makes up for it.

I agree with Neil, though; virtualization is in order in this circumstance.
MTAs are very much not designed to be clever enough to coexist on the same
host.

A better solution still would likely be figuring out why 2 MTAs are necessary
and figure out how to configure a single MTA to handle the role of both, if at
all possible.

--
:wq