Fernando Rodriguez schrieb:

On 07/27/2016 01:25 PM, hw wrote:
Fernando Rodriguez schrieb:

On 07/15/2016 07:42 AM, hw wrote:
Hi,

is this what I should expect:

equery uses freeradius
!!! No USE flags found for net-dialup/freeradius-3.0.11-r1

No use flags?  The wiki page[1] says otherwise?  Or is this
version too old?

Does it have mysql support out of the box?

[1]: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/FreeRADIUS

No.

[ Legend : U - final flag setting for installation]
[        : I - package is installed with flag     ]
[ Colors : set, unset                             ]
   * Found these USE flags for net-dialup/freeradius-3.0.11-r1:
   U I
   - - debug    : Enable extra debug codepaths, like asserts and extra output.
If you want to get meaningful backtraces see

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Quality_Assurance/Backtraces
   - - iodbc    : Add support for iODBC library
   + + kerberos : Add kerberos support
   + + ldap     : Add LDAP support (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol)
   - - mysql    : Add mySQL Database support
   - - odbc     : Add ODBC Support (Open DataBase Connectivity)
   - - oracle   : Enable Oracle Database support
   + + pam      : Add support for PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules) -
DANGEROUS to arbitrarily flip
   - - pcap     : Build the RADIUS sniffer which requires net-libs/libpcap.
   - - postgres : Add support for the postgresql database
   - - python   : Add optional support/bindings for the Python language
   + + readline : Enable support for libreadline, a GNU line-editing library
that almost everyone wants
   - - sqlite   : Add support for sqlite - embedded sql database
   + + ssl      : Add support for Secure Socket Layer connections

Thanks!

Yet equery doesn´t show any use flags.  What might be going wrong?

All I can think of is that something's wrong with your portage tree. Have
you tried syncing? Also check the permissions, everyone should have read
access to the whole tree. You could try running the command as root, if it
works it'll give you a clue that it's the permissions. Other than that I
have no clue.

Well, I synced and it still doesn´t show any use flags.  It doesn´t matter
which user runs equery, it always says there are no use flags for
net-dialup/freeradius.