On Tue, 30 Aug 2016 06:46:54 +0100, Mick wrote:

> > So I'm done with NTFS forever.  Will ext2 somehow allow me to use the
> > USB stick across Gentoo systems without permission/ownership problems?
> >
> > - Grant
>
> ext2 will work, but you'll have to mount it or chmod -R 0777, or only
> root will be able to access it.

That's not true. Whoever owns the files and directories will be able to
access then, even if root mounted the stick, just like a hard drive. If
you have the same UID on all your systems, chown -R
youruser: /mount/point will make everything available on all systems.

--
Neil Bothwick

As long as you do not move you can still choose any direction.