<meino.cra...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to 'locate' a bunch of files and feed the output into
> '| xargs md5sum'.
> Unfortunately some of them are infected with the "file name"-virus
> (space in the filename).
> With find there is the -print0 option which corresponds to '-0' of
> the xargs options. As of my knowledge, locate does not have such
> a thing.

This is one of the reasons, why POSIX did not include -print0, as it would need
to add new related options to an unknown amount of other programs.

Another reason of curse is that "find . -exec cmd {} +" exists longer than GNU
find and it's -print0. Execplus was added on 1989 by David Korn.

Jörg

--
 EMail:jo...@schily.net                    (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
       joerg.schill...@fokus.fraunhofer.de (work) Blog: