I am rather thankful that you did this and at the same time surprised
Microsoft
decided to work on a dedicated Skype client for Linux.

Since the GNU/Linux community is responsive, we might make considerable
contribution to troubleshooting the client. I will probably give it a go to
see how
it fairs against google-talkplugin.

Regards,
Andy