Dear Daniel,

You don't mention what is "the prettiest desktop there ever was", but I
reckon that it's a) a 64-bit PC and b) it's modern enough to have UEFI, not
the standard BIOS. Therefore, the drive is a GPT-partitioned drive (as
that's UEFI's requirement) and you have a /boot or /boot/efi partition
somewhere in the table layout you provides us with. It does not necessarily
need to be called "EFI partition" or something of that sort. Per my old
Windows 7 installed, Windows used a rather small boot partition of ~200 mb.
Your Windows 8 install is consistent with that observation. In addition,
you have something similar in your Windows 10 installation, from the first
1mb bit onward and spanning ~105 MB. It's also tagged as "boot".

Best regards,