On 10/18/2016 08:57 AM, Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2016-10-18, Daniel Frey <djqf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have three different manufacturers and each one has it, but on mine it
>> wasn't marked in the manual.
> Not all TVs can disable overscan.  The last time was shopping, many of
> the Sony Bravias couldn't (that was a few years ago).  On some TVs
> I've seen, in order to disable overscan the signal resolution has to
> match the panel resolution exactly...

Yeah, I understand about the Sony TVs. A friend bought one in 2012/2013
and we even emailed Sony and their reply was it can't be done.

Until I found an option under Setup called Screen or Screen Display, and
set it to Full Pixel. That disabled the overscan.

Again, not documented, but it was there. And it's never labeled as
Overscan[ning] which would be the intuitive way to label it.

With my other TVs none of them had it in the manuals, I found them by
trying all the settings on the TV.

Another option would be for the OP to post make/model of TV, maybe
there's a non-obvious way to change it on his TV - you just never know.