On Tue, 2005-10-04 at 15:36 -0700, gentuxx wrote:

> Richard Watson wrote:
>
> >I'm not having any problems and I just rebuilt xorg-x11. Are you x86 or
> >~x86?
> >
> >I'm running X86 - Thanks for replying. How would I force a Gnoe re-install?
>
> You could either uninstall and reinstall:
>
> emerge -Cv gnome-base/gnome-core
> emerge -Duv gnome-base/gnome-core
>
> Or try the --newuse flag, which will for a recompile:
>
> emerge -Duv --newuse gnome-base/gnome-core

Erm, you -are- aware I hope that you are telling the person to install
or rebuild the ancient and deprecated, unsupported and overall crappy
version of gnome called 1.4.x ?

the "gnome" package is just a metabuild. If you wish to remove it
completely  you'll have to check the contents of it and remove each and
every individual package... Or for that matter, emerge -C gnome and then
"emerge depclean"

However, be aware that depclean is dangerous and has been known to be
wrong.

//Spider

--
begin  .signature