On 12/21/2016 06:59 AM, Matthias Hanft wrote:
> Corbin Bird wrote:
>> The "sys-fs/eudev" package is the Gentoo fork of "sys-fs/udev" for
>> people who don't want systemd.
> Ehm... I still use "sys-fs/udev" (not eudev) without systemd.
> No problems so far. Do I have to worry?
>
> -Matt

It is currently part of the systemd code base. ( It was merged in some
time back. )
The ability to separate "udev" code from "systemd" code is going away
very soon.
( by design, on purpose, etc. )
So if you want to run "udev" ... you going to be running "systemd". No
choice.
( PulseAudio is also being merged into systemd. Think about it. )

I hope that Gentoo can keep the eudev fork going.