Alan Grimes wrote:
> Holger Hoffstätte wrote:
>> ..indicates a mismatch in C++11 ABI which changed in gcc5. What happens is
>> that one the
>> dependencies of openimageio was built against the old C++11 std::string ABI
>> (hence the
>> link errors), and needs to be rebuilt. It looks to be "Imf" aka libIlmImf,
>> whatever that is. Try to rebuild it with --oneshot and it should work.
>> If a similar error pops up for a different dependency, repeat. :)
>>
>> -h
> Yeah, I emptytree world my system after each Y in X.Y.Z compiler version
> bump. Since I sad it, everyone will tell you it's bad advice but really
> not. The binary distros will compile everything with the same compiler
> so crap doesn't happen. Now it's not super important but then you have
> no idea how many other abi link errors are hiding out there.

I do the same here.  When I switch to a new version of gcc, I do a
emerge -e world.  If I've read that it really changes some things, like
this one appears to do, I do it twice.  The second time may be overkill
but I'd rather have overkill than some weird problem that is difficult
to figure out the solution.  I don't think anyone would say doing that
is bad.  A ounce of prevention is always better than a pound of cure.  ;-)

There's another upgrade that I do that after too.  I can't recall the
name right now but maybe it is glibc or something????

Dale

:-)  :-)