On Sat, 1 Oct 2005, Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Also, I have experienced a few problems. Firefox window got fully
> > transparent somehow and I couldn't get it back. If I try to log out, the
> > dialog where it asks logout/restart/shutdown doesn't appear also.
> > gnome-panel goes to the back, and windows appear in front of them. Kinda
> > small bugs, but still bugs!
> > Has anyone managed to get it working fine and fast?
>
> yes, in KDE.
> erything looks very nice, and everything is very fast ;)

Hi,

Really fast? I tried it also. I didn't meet any problem except the
speed. I set RenderAccel TRUE, and it has changed far faster than
without it, but it is very slow anyway.
Without transparency I can change across virtual desktops from a second to
another, but with it it takes 3 seconds. Did I make some mistakes?
I added tha composite modul, and renderaccel. I didn't use
AllowGLXWithComposite, I thought it is for ATI, am I right?
I have AMD 1800+ XP, 512 MB RAM, Nvidia FX5200 AGP and I use KDE 3.4. I
didn't use xcompmgr and transset, only the settings in the
Kontrolcenter.

Tamas Sarga                             Sárga Tamás
--
Make the world confused!                Zavard össze a világot!
Smile on monday morning!                Mosolyogj hétfő reggel!