Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> [17-01-15 14:08]:
> On 15/01/2017 14:52, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
> > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> [17-01-15 13:40]:

> >> When you log into the guest OS and look at the network config it does
> >> have, what do you see?
> >>
> >> What interfaces, routes, etc etc does it actually have once booted?
> >>

> >> --
> >> Alan McKinnon
> >> alan.mckin...@gmail.com
> >>

> > One step back, Alan...
> >
> > I am booting an install-disk.iso, which needs a network to access the
> > packages from a server, which I want to be part of my usbstick.
> >
> > The install-disk.iso should be prepared/configured to access the
> > internet (everything else would be at least an error/bug...)...
> >
> > So I assume, that qemu is not providing that...
>
> Sounds reasonable. I asked what I did because it looks like you know
> what you want, but aren't getting it. So the obvious troubleshooting
> step is to see what you did get :-)
>
> I assume this guest is something you can log into after it boots? It has
> some kind of console login functionality?? If say ssh is the only way
> you can get access then you have a chicken and egg problem, something
> you'd ideally like to avoid
>

> --
> Alan McKinnon
> alan.mckin...@gmail.com

There are neither chicken nor eggs....and especially there is no
internet connection .... :))))

The iso boots fine and I can chroot into my base installation of my
usbstick.
Since online banking from the command line is somehow steam-punk-style
I wanted a graphical interface (to name onlu one example).
But I cannot pull the according package from the providing server,
since.....no internet.
And there they were...my three problems.... ;)

But in the meanwhile I found a way to tell qemu what I want.

Now I boot my iso like this
sudo qemu-system-x86_64 -cpu core2duo -cdrom <iso-image> -boot order=d
-usbdevice host:<usbstick> -m 1G --enable-kvm -machine q35,accel=kvm -device
intel-iommu -net nic -net user

That's it -- but I am open for suggestions to improve this command --
for execution speed inside qemu for example... ;)

Cheers
Meino