Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> [17-01-29 09:44]:
> On 29/01/2017 09:19, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
> > Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> [17-01-29 07:56]:

> >> May want to look at this link.
> >>
> >> https://wiki.gentoo.org/index.php?title=/etc/portage/repos.conf/gentoo.conf&oldid=378294
> >>

> >> Maybe that will give better results, not that I see anything wrong with
> >> what you have myself.  BTW, I did a forum search, make sure you don't
> >> have other files in /etc/portage/repos.conf.  It seems that if you have
> >> more than one, it takes the last one and runs with it.  Someone else had
> >> gentoo.conf.bak and it was reading it instead of gentoo.conf.  It sort
> >> of works like package.use and such.  Make sense?  I'm beat over here.  lol
> >>
> >> Hope that helps.
> >>
> >> Dale
> >>
> >> :-)  :-)
> >>

> > Hi Dale,
> >
> > thanks for your very helpful reply! :)
> >
> > Not to have *.bak and such under.../repos.conf/... does the trick.
> >
> > Would be nice, if emerge would only read files *.conf instead of
> > everything...
>
> I would file a bug/feature request for that. It's a very annoying thing
> to trip over and many many packages now read only X.d/*.conf for that
> very reason
>
> --
> Alan McKinnon
> alan.mckin...@gmail.com

Hi Alan,

...last time I tried to file a bug report I quit as I saw the
interface of the bugtracker and the sheer amount of "best practice"
docs and -howtos/faqs.
I understand, that to keep out request like "I dont like to sync on
mondays"...but currently it seems to me, that many other reports
will be stopped there, too...

The Blender bugtracker is much more easier...and I dont think,
that the blender institute will be overrun by reports like "I dont
like renders of mondays"...

Only my two cents...your currency may vary... ;)

Cheers
Meino