I've two questions about gdm (I use version 2.8.0.3):

1.) Recently I recognized that I get the following error message when logging in via gdm:

"The configuration file contains
an invalid command line for the
login dialog, so using the default
command. Please fix your
configuration."

Because of the fact that I'm normally logged in automatically by gdm, I can't say which upgrade led to this problem, but at least I've never edited any of gdms config files myself. Maybe someone can tell me which file
is responsible for this mess, and maybe how to fix that ...

2.) Is there a way to force gdm to use a user defined screen resolution without messing around with xorg.conf ?

Thanks, Matthias