On 06/02/2017 17:49, the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
> On 02/06/2017 03:41 AM, Poncho wrote:
>> On 06.02.2017 08:53, the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
>>> Are there any good replacement for "nx / nxclient" in Linux?
>>> NX is long time gone from portage.  I hope, I can still install them
>>> from atic.
>>> This was another reason I wasn't upgrading for a long time as I need
>>> them to access remote boxes in GUI.
>>>

>> I've switched to net-misc/remmina as a replacement for nxclient.
>
> Which flags are you using?
> net-misc/remmina-1.2.0_rc16-r1  USE="crypt nls (-ayatana) -gnome-keyring -rdp
> -spice -ssh -telepathy -webkit -zeroconf"
>
> I know I'll need: ssh rdp
> The remaining: -telepathy -webkit -zeroconf -ayatana
> I have no clue about them and looking up the info doesn't tell me much.

telepathy is an instant messaging framework, the successor to Kopete
from KDE

webkit is ... web rendering stuff. Hard to tell what it means in context
of rdp

zeroconf is avahi, mdnsresponder, config-less networking. All
implementations of the same idea

ayatana is a notification framework. If you have it, remmina uses it for
notifications

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com