On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 10:34:24 -0700, the...@sys-concept.com wrote:

> >> The only annoying feature in this scanner is that doesn't have "auto
> >> crop" (windows does) auto-feeder does not work.  Scanning small
> >> receipts showing black borders on both sides (snapscan borders are
> >> white - easier to fax, print).
> >
> > Is this a feature of the driver or the software you are using? I used
> > a Brother AIO devices with Gscan2pdf and the ADF worked fine.
>
> It might be the feature of the driver (I think).
> In Windows ADF works with Brother ADS-2400N but produces same black
> border on the side.  So it must be Brother's driver.
> Snapscan 1500 - ADF doesn't work with "xsane" but side boarders are
> white.
>
> I was under impression "xsane" was the only scanner software available
> for Linux.

SANE is the main backend driver software, but xsane is just a front end
to that which may or may not provide all the features you need.

> I'll try gscan2pdf from overlay and report back.

gscan2pdf is in the main tree now.

--
Neil Bothwick

Crash: (v.) to terminate a program in the usual fashion, i.e. by locking
up the computer or setting fire to the printer. (n.) the process of such
termination.