On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 20:10:05 +0000 Mick wrote:
> I am trying to understand why an ssh server keeps dropping the connection
> when
> using openssh on Linux straight after a successful authentication, but it
> works fine with Filezilla in MSWindows.
[...]
> I am guessing all this respawning probably triggers some DDoS protection
> limit
> on the server and it disconnects the client.  Have you observed anything
> similar and would you know why Linux fails, but MSWindows works as it should?

I use HPN for years and connect to hundreds of servers, most of
them are without HPN support. I have no problems so far. But HPN is
unofficial and it may trigger problems. Maybe this is a bug in HPN,
maybe a server's custom protection.

Try to report this on bugzilla for openssh maintainers.

Best regards,
Andrew Savchenko