On 04/03/2017 15:56, k...@aspodata.se wrote:
>  I need booth guile-2 (for geda) and guile-1.8 (for lilypond).
>
>  I can install either of the two
> # emerge -aqv  dev-scheme/guile:12/8  # version 1.8.8
> # emerge -aqv  dev-scheme/guile:12/22 # version 2.0.14
>
> but not both
>
> # emerge -aqvuDN dev-scheme/guile:12/22 dev-scheme/guile:12/8
> [ebuild     UD] dev-scheme/guile-1.8.8-r3 [2.0.14] USE="deprecated emacs%*
> networking nls readline%* regex threads -debug -debug-freelist% -debug-malloc
> -discouraged%"
>
> !!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
> !!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:
>
> So, does anyone know how to install both of them ?

You can't. At least, you can't emerge both with the current tree, you
can only have one version. SLOTting packages is trying is you don't know
how to do it, I'd advise not doing that.

Your best bet is to install one version from source into /usr/local/,
then find all the ways your system uses guile and take steps to always
correctly identify the correct one.

Another option is to find a way to go without geda and/or/lilypond

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com