On 03/16/2017 05:58 AM, k...@aspodata.se wrote:
> Thelma:
>> Is anybody running Diskless machine, booting over network?
>> How is the speed?
>
> I've done diskless before but it has been a few years since,
> it was working just fine. Don't remember any specific issues
> once you get it working.
>
>> I have a Gentoo machine running Windows7 via VM.
>> I need to network another PC and connect to that VM so I was thinking
>> setting up Diskless node but never done it before.
>
> You have to ask someone else about diskless MS-Windows.

Thanks for the input.

I think I would "tax" the resources on the serving machine too much.  I
would need to run another VM-2 - Windows7 on the server that create
access to VM-1 - Windows7 running the main program on the server.

>> Would there be a problem with upgrades?
>> I know all the node files have to reside on Sever from which the node is
>> booting.
>
> You have to know which files are system dependent och which are common
> to all your diskless nodes and that depends on how and if you are
> using any shared directories/disks for the nodes.
>
> Regards,
> /Karl Hammar

> Aspö Data
> Lilla Aspö 148
> S-742 94 Östhammar
> Sweden
> +46 173 140 57

Sometimes I straggle with upgrades so introducing "diskless-node" might
create extra challenges.

--
Thelma